Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pray for Uncle Dave

My uncle has lung cancer, he found out this past summer, 2008. Since then he has undergone surgery where his entire right lung was removed, and after recovering from that has just finished chemo treatment. He will begin radiation as the next step probably in February. He recently had a CT scan of the lung area after he finished the chemo, and they found a thickening on the right side where the lung was removed. The doctors think it is probably ok, most likely scar tissue, but he is having a PET scan today that will make it clear one way or the other. I ask that as you read this you say a prayer for my uncle and his family, obviously this has been a huge trial for all of them, but their response to this has been an incredible testimony and encouragement to myself and I know everybody else around them. This is an excerpt from Dave's caringbridge journal, right after they found out about the thickening on the right side, and it exemplifies their incredible faith in God during this time, as well as what they have asked prayer for. "We will choose to Praise Him. Right Now for both of us, this is not easy news, as we wanted a totally Clean report. Yet, we Know that God Holds us in His Hands. Please pray for that wisdom, that spiritual maturity for us, and for each one of you. We pray that in All of our lives that God is Glorified!"
I just cherish this family so much, Uncle Dave and Aunt Virginia have always been very special to me, my cousin Ben and I are less than a year apart and we have always been close, and growing up I was over at their house a lot, and Dave would often take us to Mariner games and fun things like that....so many fun memories. I was able to see them when I was in Seattle for Christmas, and am so thankful for that.
Please pray that the PET scan will reveal that the thickening is scar tissue, and ultimately that no matter what the outcome that they would experience the peace of God that surpasses all understanding, and that the God of all comfort would be their comfort, as they trust Him with their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Praying and praising God for His amazing grace for your uncle!

    ReplyDelete