Sunday, January 25, 2009

Letter to Obama girls

I usually watch the Today show each morning as I eat my breakfast, I only get to catch the beginning before I have to leave for work, and they almost always start out with politics which isn't usually my favorite subject, but I watch it anyways to try and stay informed and because really there is nothing else on anyways. However when I watched one morning this past week they played something that really caught my interest, a recording of the Bush girls, Jenna and Barbara, reading a letter to the Obama girls, with their advice and reflection from their time in the White House. I was really moved by the letter, it brought tears to my eyes (which doesn't take much nowadays) and I just thought it was such a precious letter and a thoughtful gesture by the Bush girls. It also really reminded me that we need to be praying for the entire Obama family, and especially those girls as they encounter such a HUGE transition at such a young age. Here is the video in case you are interested in hearing what they had to say. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28809961#28809961

1 comment: