Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bye-bye 2nd trimester

So today I officially (or maybe more likely unofficially) begin the 3rd trimester. Wow! In one sense I feel like I've been pregnant forever, the first 15 weeks especially went by very slow, but at the same time I can't believe there are only 3 months left before we meet our boy! I have to be honest and say that I am kind of sad about the 2nd trimester being over...I am a BIG fan of the 2nd trimester. It's funny because I couldn't wait to see the end of the first trimester, and I know I won't be able to wait to see the end of the 3rd, but the 2nd for some reason I am all sentimental about. Besides the heartburn and indigestion and some of the pain I had, the 2nd trimester has been great...the sickness went away, the energy level went way up, and I wasn't so huge that I wasn't comfortable or anything like that. I also think just the realization that my time with my boy inside of me is drawing to a close makes me just a tad bit sad...don't get me wrong I would much rather have him outside than inside, and I can't wait until I get to see him face to face, but it is definitely a special time having him growing inside me.
I also must be honest about the fact that I am not really looking forward to the 3rd trimester. I can already feel my energy level going down, down, down, and I know the discomfort is going to go up, up, up. But I know it is such a small thing to endure for what I'm going to get in three months, and completely worth it. So crazy cravings, swollen ankles, and insane nesting here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Haha well I will pray God will give you little spurts of energy and relief every now and then. :) We are all so excited to meet that lil boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahh!! i'm already loving the 2nd trimester, too! i still have a ways to go, so hopefully i won't take it for granted :) i think God makes it that way so you "look forward" to labor and delivery to get you out of the uncomfortable 3rd trimester... instead of maybe fearing or dreading it. i can't wait to hold your little one, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember this as a special stage in pregnancy. :) The bonding you are enjoying with your unborn son is unique and to some degree beyond words. Welcome to motherhood!
    Know he is bathed in my prayers as well as you. Praising HIM!

    ReplyDelete