Saturday, April 25, 2009

Waiting...

So I woke up this morning with contractions, they were fairly mild and short, and pretty consistently ten minutes apart. I have continued to have them all afternoon, and they are definitely getting stronger and longer, but they are not getting closer together yet. I was told by the nurse not to go to the hospital til they are 5 minutes apart for at least 30 minutes....so now I wait. There was a period of time where they were around 7 minutes apart, but then when they got even stronger and longer they went back to ten minutes apart.....ugh. It is definitely taking FOREVER for this first phase to end and to get to active labor, we are going on 8 hours now. I'm defintely having to learn to be patient, and hoping they start to get closer together soon so we can go to the hospital and get this baby out!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, that's exciting! You might already be doing this but try walking around a bunch, that really helped me along (Cassi and I also walked up and down stairs when I was in early labor but I would not recommend that, after my labor my body all felt ok except for my calves which hurt soooo bad!)
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete