Thursday, April 9, 2009

38 weeks

This week marked the beginning of my 38th week of pregnancy, it's so hard to believe there are only two more weeks til the due date. I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe though because I honestly feel like I have been pregnant for a VERY long time, it's hard to even remember what it's like to not be pregnant, and I look forward to being reminded very soon! I'm definitely ready to not be pregnant anymore, but at the same time I don't want him to come before my mom gets here next Wednesday, and there are still things on my "to do" list that I want to get done before he comes...I guess it's just the nesting instinct that makes me feel like I have to have all these things accomplished and ready before he gets here, because honestly there isn't anything left to be done that REALLY has to be done before his arrival. I had my checkup on Tuesday this week and they checked my cervix again this time...and everything was still the exact same as two weeks ago, 50% thinned and that's all. That made me feel pretty calm about having time to accomplish more things, and about the chances of him being born before my mom got here. I'm probably the only pregnant woman near the end of the pregnancy who is relieved to hear she hasn't started to dilate at all. The dr. said again that she thought he would probably be born closer to the due date, not early. However I know that anything CAN happen at any time, he's going to be born whenever God has planned for him to be born regardless of what any doctor says. Yesterday was a great day, Mark surprised me by taking the day off, he needed a break because he has been going non-stop so much lately, and last week was especially busy as he had games almost every night and all day Saturday and he preached in church on Sunday, and he wanted to spend the day with me. It was a beautiful day and we took Tillman (our boston terrier) to the park downtown and just walked around and hung out down there. Here are some pics of our time at the park and of my 38 week pregnant self.

Falls Park, downtown Greenville
Mark and Tillman

Tillman finally stood still and looked at the camera


Trying to get Tillman to look

38 weeks!


2 comments:

  1. I love the new background on your blog!! Very nice. Glad you had a nice day at the park with your "boys." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the new pictures! I'm glad Mark took the day off and you could have a fun time hanging out together and enjoying the park downtown. I love the park area and downtown Greenville. Looking forward to being there soon! Glad it looks like little Emmory is waiting for me :) Of course I know it's in God's hands and we'll be thankful whenever he arrives!

    ReplyDelete