Tuesday, April 14, 2009

39 weeks

Well I changed the name of my blog just in case you didn't notice, not that it really matters what it's called but I thought the name was appropriate, I am already outnumbered and am about to be outnumbered even more when Emmory is born...but I love boys and it is fun to be able to say that. I think Mark still counts as a boy even though he is grown...any of you who know him know that he is still very young at heart and likes to do boy things, and I am confident that especially when Emmory is a little bigger, it will be like having two boys around the house :) I know they are going to have so much fun together going fishing, camping, playing sports, and things like that, and it makes me happy to think about and look forward to that.
There really isn't much to update this week, I had my appointment this morning and still nothing had changed. The doctor said that is not uncommon, and he's definitely not saying that my cervix is so unfavorable that we need to start talking about inducement; I'll go back next week and we'll see if anything has changed then. He did say they won't let me go past 41 weeks though, so I'm really hoping he comes before then because I do not want to be induced. I don't quite understand the need for that anyways, I mean I do if there is a danger in continuing the pregnancy, but if everything is going along fine then possibly the due date was just off and the baby isn't really late at all and will come when it is the right time...at least that's the way I look at it, but I know they are professionals and know what they are doing so I'll just have to trust them. I continue to be thankful that I can trust the sovereignty of God in this situation, along with every situation in life, it is a HUGE comfort, I don't have to worry or wonder because it's all in His hands.
My mom gets here tomorrow! It definitely looks like she'll arrive before Emmory does, which I am very thankful for! And it looks like we'll have some time to spend together and do some things before he gets here, so that will be nice as well because I know it won't quite be the same once he's born, I definitely won't have the freedom and flexibility that I have now. I can't wait to be able to take him places with us though, I'm not sure if I've mentioned on here before or not but we have a busy summer planned for our little family and I am so excited about it, at the end of July we are flying to Seattle, and then driving to Cannon Beach, Oregon for vacation with my family. Cannon Beach is my favorite place in the world and I can't wait to take Emmory there, and I'm so glad he'll be able to meet my relatives so soon after he's born. Then after we get back from Seattle we are going to the opposite coast, to Pawley's Island, SC with some friends from church. It will definitely be crazy travelling like that with an infant but I'm so glad we are doing it, as long as we live here we are going to be travelling back and forth a lot so we might as well get used to it right off the bat, and hopefully starting Emmory early will just make it second nature for him.

1 comment:

  1. So looks like everybody's bracket guesses for Emmory coming early are WRONG-O! That steak is mine!! :)

    Btw, I like the new name of your blog and I like the new layout too!

    ReplyDelete