Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The unexplainable pregnant body

My doctor appt on Monday went well, my blood pressure and urine were good, heartbeat and measurements were all good, and the results from the gall bladder u/s were all normal, no gallstones. It is such a good thing that there are no gallstones, but that still leaves the elevated liver levels unexplained. The doctor was not concerned at all though, and he said I didn't need to come back before my weekly appt unless I started to feel bad. I have been feeling good this entire time, the only thing that doesn't feel good is the pain in my upper abdomen, it hasn't been even close to as bad as it was that one morning, but it does still come and go. I think the best explanation for all of this is something a friend said in an email, the pregnant body just does crazy things that often cannot be explained. That is so true! Only five more weeks to go though, I am 35 weeks this week! Mark and I just cannot wait for him to be here, I think one of the biggest things that I am so excited about for him to get here is that it will be so much more real for Mark and he will be able to experience everything the exact same way as me, rather than now where it's my body that is feeling everything and changing. I can't wait to truly be able to enjoy him together, as a family, and I can't wait to see the look on his face the moment he lays eyes on his son. What an amazing, life-changing moment that will be.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend,
    If you can do look at your husband's face as he looks at your son for the first time. I did not but someone happened to snap a picture at just the right moment when Sophie was born. It is one of my favorite pictures on this earth. I can barely see John..its kind of dark but his hand is on his mouth and tears are in his eyes and that was and is one of the most precious moments of my life. You might forget, you might get caught up in the moment and that is understandable but if you remember look at his face it will be a face you will never forget.

    ReplyDelete