Saturday, March 14, 2009

Since last Friday...

A lot has happened in the last week since I experienced that pain last Friday. I ended up going to my family practice doctor that afternoon because the pain came back again, and my OB closes at noon on Fridays. Mark wanted me to see a doctor and made me an appt...I was there for almost two hours, the doctor checked me over and said everything looked and felt fine, but she had me get some bloodwork done just to be on the cautious side. My blood pressure was slightly high (which the nurse said was probably just from being anxious about everything that had happened that day) and I had a slight fever, which they never really explained. The doctor thought the pain was probably from my abdominal wall seperating with all the stretching that is going on in there, but said they would call the next week when they got the bloodwork results. Tuesday morning I got a message from them that said they were concerned about some of the results and wanted me to call them, but didn't give any info at all as to what was concerning and what could possibly be wrong...not exactly the best kind of message to leave for a pregnant woman but oh well, more sanctification opportunity there :) I called them back and they said some of my levels were elevated, and that they were going to fax the results to my OB and have them call me. I finally talked to the OB nurse later that afternoon, and she told me that my kidney enzyme levels were slightly elevated, but it was nothing alarming and that actually can be normal during a pregnancy. She asked me some questions to make sure I didn't have any other symptoms of preeclampsia, because high blood pressure and the elevated levels are two symptoms of that, but I didn't have any of the others, such as protein in the urine and severe swelling. She said there was no reason for me to come in right away, just come to the appt I already had on Thursday. At that appt my blood pressure was normal, and still no protein in the urine, but the doctor wanted me to have the blood work repeated again to see if it had changed over the week, so he sent me to the hospital to have it done so the results would come back that day in order to avoid having to work around the weekend. The nurse called me later that day and told me the results came back and they looked fine, so they wanted me to have a gallbadder ultrasound to see if the elevated levels and pain were a result of gall stones. So I had the ultrasound that next morning, yesterday, and hopefully will find out the results of that the beginning of this week. I'm going back to the OB on Monday because as a precaution they want to keep a close eye on me to make sure my blood pressure stays normal, so hopefully I'll have some answers by the appt.
I keep thinking in my head that I've had the most uncomplicated complicated pregnancy...no that wasn't a typo what I mean is there have been a lot of extra things that have come up and I've had to have checked out or had further testing and bloodwork for, but so far each of those further tests has turned out to be normal and not a pregnancy complication (being Rh negative, fifths disease exposure, failing first glucose test, etc) I am so thankful that everything has been fine up to this point, and I'm thankful that I know Emmory is doing well in there right now and still moving and growing like he should be. Even if I do have a gall bladder problem, it won't affect him and they won't even deal with it until after he is born because I am so late in the pregnancy. Yes I would probably have to have surgery to have it removed sometime after he's born, but there are a LOT worse things to have to deal with than that.
I'll try and write an update as soon as I get the results from the ultrasound, which will hopefully be Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment