Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First exam

So I had my first exam at my 36 week appointment this week...I was very excited for this, for the possibility of having made some progress, and the fact that it means we are really in the home stretch! I hadn't dilated at all, still closed shut, and the dr said I'd probably be pregnant for at least another 3 weeks, which I was actually glad to hear because I really don't want him to come too early. He said I had started to thin out, about 50%, so I guess that's something.
When I had an exam in the very beginning of the pregnancy, around 12 weeks, the doctor told me that I had a "tight" bone, and that at 36 weeks they would check me to see if it had stretched at all. Well apparently it stretched because this time the doctor said my pelvic bones were normal and I have just as good a chance as the average person for him to fit through there...that was good to hear. I also asked him if he could tell how big he was, and he said he was probably just under 6 pounds now, and would probably be 7 pounds and change when he's born....of course he said not to hold him to that because it's obviously not that easy to tell, but that was his educated guess.
Emmory's nursery is really coming along, it's all painted and all the funiture is up and in its place. I've started washing his clothes and other misc. items and organizing them, and I still have to finish that up and then get the finishing decorative touches up. I'll definitely post pictures when it's all done...it feels so good to know how close that is to being done. I'm also going to be getting my hospital bag ready, Mark wants me to have that packed by the end of this week...I thought it was so cute that he wanted me to get that done.
This is all so exciting and scary at the same time...I'm so thankful for our son and cannot wait to see him for the first time, which is the exciting part, but I know I am about to embark into the unknown in so many different ways, which is the scary part. I just pray for God's grace for me to be a godly wife and mom, and handle all of this new change in a way that glorifies Him.

3 comments:

  1. so exciting!! i can't even imagine packing the hospital bag - eeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeeha!!!!!!!! no more tight bone...great news...come on out Emmory the way is clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i'd take thatweight guess with a grain of salt...my dr. guessed my baby to be a little over 8 1/2 pounds...he was 10lbs 15oz... :) i can't wait to see your little guy!

    ReplyDelete