Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Some recent pics

I started this post a few days ago, but because my computer can be extremely slow at uploading pics, it has taken a while to finish. Today Emmory is two months old, and I had planned on doing another post today with some pics I am going to take today, which I am still going to do, but it may not end up happening today, but hopefully soon. But here are some recent pics of him, taken around 8 weeks old. Recently, he has really been into his hands. He loves to play with them, and he brings them to his mouth a lot. I would watch him very intently when he was doing this to see if a thumb or finger would make it into his mouth, but he would always pull his hands away before it could get all the way in and he could start sucking. Well, earlier this week, he got his entire thumb in his mouth for the first time and started sucking! It was still kind of akward because he doesn't quite know what to do with his fingers when his thumb is in his mouth, so I guess that will be the next step. I was able to sneak in his room when he was settling in for a nap and get a pic of him with his thumb in his mouth, unfortunately you can't actually see his mouth because his head is turned the other way, but at least I got something!
We celebrated Mark's first Father's Day on Sunday, and it was a fun day. We went to Mark's parents house and had lunch with his family, then went to church, then came back to our house to have our lil family celebration. I made BBQ salmon, asparagus, and brownies, we ate and then Emmory and I gave Mark his cards and present.

Here are some pics of a lil photo shoot of Emmory and Mark on the bed...











Here are some pics I took while we were playing with some rattles. He still doesn't grab the rattle yet, still waiting for that milestone!



Father's Day pics...


I thought these jammies were so cute on him!

I especially loved the pants.

Here are the thumb-sucking pics!


2 comments:

  1. Darling pictures! Wearing sweet pea onesie already! Did you sneak that on him when Mark was gone :) Love, Nama

    ReplyDelete