Monday, February 16, 2009

Hiccups and such

I really don't feel like recently there has been a whole lot to write about...I've been going to the doctor every 2 weeks now and the checkups are all just routine, which is a good thing because if it wasn't routine that means the doctor notices something that is out of the ordinary that he wants to check out. So thankfully all of mine up to this point have been routine, I've always measured right on schedule and his heartbeat has always been strong. It has definitely slowed down since that very first sweet time we heard it, when it was in the 180's-wow!, at my checkup last week it was in the 140's. So I won't be having any more ultrasounds unless they find a reason to do one...I really want to see him again, but just keep telling myself it's a good thing if I don't get to see him again until he is born, it would mean everything looks good and they don't see any problems. I also found out that there pretty much isn't another acid reflux medicine I can take that will work any differently than the Prilosec I'm taking now. She told me progesterone causes the sphincter, which is supposed to stop food from coming back up, to relax and basically not function like it is supposed to, so the only solution to that is to get the progesterone out of me, which will happen in approx. 9 weeks, give or take a few of course :) So sleep has been difficult, I am extremely tired at night but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to fall asleep. It doesn't seem to matter whether I eat like they say you are supposed to when you have problems with reflux or not, my food still comes up either way.
One new thing that happened last week was Emmory got the hiccups for the first time! I started to feel this regular little spasm in my belly, and it finally dawned on me that it was most likely hiccups. I've felt it three more different times since then, one time when Mark was with me so he was able to feel them too. It was pretty neat.
In the last week I feel like my belly has doubled in size...it just seems so much bigger, and I've been having some occasional discomfort in my lower abdomen, nothing major just an achy, crampy feeling which I know is a result from everything being stretched so much down there. Emmory has definitely been stretching a lot too, I can simultaneously feel him digging into my ribs and sitting on my bladder at the same time. Sometimes when I stand up I feel so much pressure and have to go to the bathroom immediately...and often times after I go I still feel like I have to go...he is definitely growing and I'm sure beginning to run out of room in there.
Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed and panicked that somehow Emmory's room isn't going to be ready before he gets here. Right now the nursery consists of our office with a bunch of baby stuff shoved in a corner. His crib is up and put together, and his bassinet is put together also, which I know is all that really matters because he's going to be sleeping with us in his bassinet for probably the first 3 months of his life, so his room really doesn't need to be ready when he gets here, but for some reason that just doesn't register with me, all I can think is, "I want it done and I want it done now!" I probably won't be working much longer so that will give me a lot of time to be home working on the room and the other little projects around the house that I want to accomplish before he gets here, so that will be nice. I just can't wait til the room is blue and everything is set up the way it's going to be and I can go in there and just know "this is my baby's room", and I can sit in there and imagine what it's going to be like having him here...I don't know for some reason it just makes it more real if we have his room all ready, that there is a room in our house that is his and only his.
So that's what has been going on and been on my mind lately. Oh, and I'm having a baby shower this Saturday. Jesslyn, Cydney and Audrey's mom (the girls I nanny for) is throwing me one at her house, so I'm really excited about that, it was so sweet of her to want to do something for me. Hopefully I'll be able to update my blog with some pics soon, I have a lot that I have been wanting to put up here for a while now, I just need to remember to have Mark help me with it.

2 comments:

  1. Had to smile when you shared about the stretching and lessening of room for Emmory. :)
    Though you feel larger, I would say you are carrying him well, not looking too much like a large watermelon belly yet. Love you! Praying for you and Emmory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawna! I finally figured out how to comment on your blog - well, we will see if I did! How exciting to feel Emmory hiccup and for Mark to share in that too. Not so exciting to be kicked in the ribs or bladder :) But so good to know he's active. Please send us a picture of yourself with Emmory tucked inside :) Love and prayers, Mom PS Don't worry about Emmory's room - it will get done - you have lots of time. I can help too when I get there if it isn't finished. yet.

    ReplyDelete