Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tonight

Tonight I laid with Emmory as I put him to bed, like usual. I told him a story. He interrupted me and told me how I should be telling it. When the story was over, we talked about my sin. I asked his forgiveness for getting angry at his brother earlier and not being a good example for him. He said, "You didn't do the right thing?" I said "no, I didn't". He said, "You didn't ask God for help?" I said, "no, I didn't. I tried to do it on my own, and I sinned because I'm a sinner". Then, he held my hand, tightly so I wouldn't leave. I laid there and tried to soak it all in. Then, after a while when I told him it was time for me to go, he put his arms around me and put his head on my face, and told me he wanted to snuggle. So of course, I had to lay there a little longer. These are the moments I never want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment