Monday, October 26, 2009

In Seattle

Well the dreaded flights to Seattle with Emmory by myself are over, we made it! I know I had many people praying for me, and I am so thankful for those prayers. It was very comforting knowing people were praying, and there were many answers to prayer along the way. God's grace was evident in so many ways, the day we left I had a calm and peace that was not of myself. The night before I was able to have a wonderful last night with my husband, whose words of wisdom helped me to be calm the night before as well. We got to the gate in Greenville with no problems, boarded the plane, started to taxi to the runway, and then were told we were going to have to sit on the plane for 40 minutes before we took off for Atlanta because of weather. This may not seem like a long time, but when you are travelling with a baby even ten extra minutes on a plane can seem like forever. However once again, God's grace was there, and instead of panicking I was able to pray and not be anxious. On both flights, my baby who has a really hard time falling asleep anywhere but his bed, fell asleep with ease in my arms. When we landed in Atlanta, a kind man offered to take Emmory for me while I got my bags from the overhead bins, and then carried him off the plane for me. After we waited for his stroller, we booked it to our connecting gate, as we only had a 1 hour layover to begin with, and with the 40 minutes delay is was going to be really close, especially being in a huge airport like ATL having to go to another terminal very far away. We made it the the connecting flight 5 minutes before they closed the door, with everybody already on board. The flight to Seattle was a long one, 5 hours of flying time, but Emmory did so well, he didn't cry the entire time on the flight. He slept a little, and while he was awake I was able to keep him entertained with toys and walking around the plane. He also was a huge flirt, trying to get everyone's attention and smile at them. It was exhausting having to hold him the entire time, not really able to eat or drink much or even go to the bathroom by myself, but I am so thankful that he did well and we made it to Seattle with no problems. My little boy is definitely a trooper!
It has been so great to be here with my family, I am enjoying every moment of it, and pretty much all I have to do as far as taking care of Emmory is feed him, as his nama, papa, aunts and uncles are very eager to hold him and spend time with him. It has also been very sad though. My uncle's graveside service was on Saturday, and his memorial service on Sunday. The services went really well, they were honoring to God and I pray that God uses Dave's and his family's testimony to save souls, but it is also just so sad. His family is of course grieving and it is hard to see. But I also came away from the services encourged, because while they are grieving, they are handling it in a way that is honoring to God. They truly have hope. Even in this time they are able to say, "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD."
There will be pictures to come when I get back to Greenville. We'll be in Seattle until Monday November 2nd. My mom is flying back with us this time, which will be so nice. I'll actually be able to go to the bathroom without a baby in my lap! (Sorry if this is tmi, but that's life with a baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment