Monday, December 22, 2008

Off to Seattle

Mark and I are going to Seattle for Christmas again this year and I cannot wait, we leave tomorrow!!! I am so thankful for a husband who loves to take trips back home as much as possible, and am so thankful that he enjoys spending time with my family too! This will be our last trip there with it being just the two of us, which I am definitely feeling sentimental about. It is sad yet exciting at the same time...just another "last" in this stage of life we are in right now being married without kids. As much as we so strongly desired to have a baby, I am still definitely feeling sad about seeing this time in our life pass. The time before you have kids and it's just the two of you is definitely a special time and there were so many memories made and fun times had together; things we were able to do and have the freedom to do that we won't necessarily get to do anymore.
Yet although it is sad to see this stage of our life get closer to the end, there is much excitement and anticipation for our next stage of life. I am really looking forward to having a family and being able to do fun family things together with the three of us, and Lord-willing more down the road. I know our lives are about to change tremendously but I also know that once we get to meet and know our little boy we won't want to go back to where we didn't know him and have him. It is definitely bitter-sweet.
Now if only I can get to Seattle without getting sick on the plane :) Actually what I really hope is that we get to Seattle at all...it has been snowing there since last week, and they got a whole bunch of snow yesterday as it snowed basically all day, which is really unusual for it to snow this much in Seattle. Two different sets of my relatives have each had flights cancelled, one going out of Seattle today and one that was supposed to land in Seattle yesterday. Please pray with me that we'll be able to land in Seattle tomorrow, and please especially pray that I will have the right response if we don't. As previously mentioned I am soo excited for this trip to be able to spend time with my family again and for all the fun Christmas traditions that we are going to do, and I'm going to have a baby shower the Sunday after Christmas since this is the last time I'll be there before April which will be soo much fun...so obviously it would be extremely disappointing if our flight was to get cancelled.

1 comment:

  1. If your flight gets delayed or canceled, just remember at least you'll for sure get to see snow (or some form of it)! :) Hope you have a great time and get lots of baby goodies! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete